Tuesday 19 May 2015

Kipple

"Kipple is useless objects, like junk mail or match folders after you use the last match or gum wrappers or yesterday's homeopape. When nobody's around, kipple reproduces itself. For instance, if you to go bed leaving any kipple around your apartment, when you wake up there is twice as much of it. It always gets more and more."
J.R. Isadore - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (by Philip K.Dick)

The question every single person ask themselves when they're moving and packing/unpacking their belongings is often "WHERE DOES IT ALL COME FROM?". Well... Isadore seems to have a theory.
Yes, I'm reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?". At the beginning of the book I could tell why I thought the film adaption (Blade Runner) was so depressing and not at all what I want from a film but the book is actually growing on me. Keep in mind though, that I say that after nine chapters which would be about half the book. We'll see what I say after reading the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. Rymdnörden, du vet vem :-)28 June 2015 at 23:42

    Them dust bunnies reproduce faster than actual bunnies! :-)

    ReplyDelete