Wednesday 21 September 2016

A short word on running

See this happy jogger?


That is some pure bullshit right there. No one looks like that while running. OK, that might be an exaggeration for a bit of the good old comical effect but very few looks like that while running. It's a huge lie. If I see someone running for exercise they always have the same focused expression; a lot of concentration, a little bit of pain. 
I look more like this:


And then add a whole lot of anger. I also sound and feel like that. Every damned time. Yes, I've just started and yes, I know it'll get easier but no, I don't think I'll ever enjoy it. I just want to be able to sleep.

Bonus mantra on repeat in brain: "I fucking hate running. Endorphins are my friend. Why do I do this. I want to murder every motherfucker telling me how good this is for me. My lungs are on fire. Endorphins are my friend. Rage will get me up this hill. Fuck running. Can I die now. Just a little more. Endorphins are my friend.  I fucking hate this. How can people enjoy this. Everything hurts."

No comments:

Post a Comment