Wednesday 14 December 2016

Third down

   Sean Astin is an amazing human being.
   Lucky he turned out to be the amazing human being he is, because he was the only reason I decided to hop on a train (train commuting in this country is tragic, always count on being at least 20 minutes late to your destination) and go to Stockholm (a city I dislike terribly and try to avoid unless I'm paid) and their take on the Scandinavian Sci-Fi, Game and Film Convention (arranged several times a year in different cities).
   This was my third Con this year (Gothenburg, Helsingborg, and now Stockholm) because... LotR actors. David Wenham, Billy Boyd and now Sean Astin. I've started hunting them down to make them sign my LotR trilogy illustrated by Alan Lee.
   Astin ended the signing (after having had a geek-out over the illustrations) with slamming the book shut and pinning me with a stare.
Him: "You know what I hate about you?"
Me, squinting suspiciously: "What?"
Him: "Nothing!"
   After which he laughed, grabbed my hand, shook it and told me he loved my hair. And that's that.
   Three down.

No comments:

Post a Comment