Monday 13 February 2017

Getting shit done

   In the last week I've been strangely productive and got a lot of shit done. I've ironed clothes, mended some other clothes, made modification to some additional clothes so they would suit me better (you know, so I'd actually wear them). I've cleaned up the clutter and trash that has silently accumulated around me while I've been less than enthusiastic about life in general or cleaning in particular. I've hoovered. I've cooked. This just goes to show that there's nothing like housework to put some bothersome thoughts out of one's mind. Procrastination has always been a favourite occupation of mine and I've found housework to be super effective for putting off tough phone calls, messy feelings and gym visits. As a result I haven't made any of the rather important calls I set out to make, I haven't quite processed becoming single again and I haven't been to the gym in three weeks.
   But hey, at least there's no Vogon poetry. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment