Tuesday 5 September 2017

Lets talk about ice-cream

   I can't eat dairy product in any greater amounts, not even lactose free stuff works that well anymore though they used to. In the last couple of months I've gradually worked my way from lactose free dairy products to soy and oat products instead. I rarely miss having milk in my coffee. Sometimes I miss heavy cream. I do miss butter. And holy hell, do I miss ice-cream! When Ben & Jerry's let us know that they were planning on launching a series of dairy free tubs I was thrilled, but it took a whole friggin' year before they launched them in Sweden! (Final launch was almost a month ago.) So like... can we please talk about these ice-creams?!
   Today I bought Chunky Monkey which used to be one of my favourites back when I could still eat dairy stuff with a little help of pills containing the enzymes I myself lack. However, I couldn't settle with just trying one so I bought Peanut Butter & Cookies as well. I remember back when I could eat a whole tub by myself in one sitting but these non-dairy ones are heavy. Very filling. Also very expensive. One tub is like 10$. But yum-yum in my tum-tum.

No comments:

Post a Comment